Some people love to shop, others not so much. However, when you realize that buying and using the Shop With Heart Card (SWHC) saves lives, those who don’t like shopping may make an exception, and those who do like shopping, may like it even more! The fact is that for a minimum donation of $50, not only can you enjoy great savings at hundreds of participating retailers and restaurants in Houston and the surrounding area, but you can help save lives, and that’s no joke. Check out the statistics below.
Centers For Disease Control And Prevention (CDC)
The December 2016 statistics, according to the CDC, on heart attack and stroke bring to light exactly how using the SWHC can help save lives:
Heart Attack Statistics
- Heart disease is the leading cause of death for both men and women in the U.S.
- More than half of the deaths due to heart disease in 2009 were in men.
- In the United States, 1 in every 4 deaths is due to heart disease. That means that about 610,000 people die of heart disease each year.
- In the U.S., over 370,000 people die of coronary heart disease, the most common type, each year.
- About 735,000 Americans have a heart attack each year. Of these, 525,000 experience their first heart attack, and 210,000 have already had a prior heart attack.
- In the U.S., 1 out of every 20 deaths is due to stroke. That means strokes kills more than 130,000 Americans each year.
- Someone in the United States has a stroke every 40 seconds.
- Every 4 minutes, someone dies of stroke.
- Every year, more than 795,000 people in the United States have a stroke.
Help Stop Heart Attacks And Strokes
By purchasing the SWHC and using it during the 10-day event which runs from April 28th to May 7th 2017, you will receive 20 percent off regularly priced merchandise at participating retailers and specialty businesses; and the choice of a complimentary appetizer or dessert with purchase of an entrée at participating restaurants; but the best part is that 100 percent of proceeds from Card sales benefit the American Heart Association to fight heart attack and stroke.